EPEL6 When to go out of Beta?

Mark Chappell tremble at tremble.org.uk
Tue Nov 16 07:12:00 UTC 2010

On 15 November 2010 22:54, Kevin Fenzi <kevin at scrye.com> wrote:
> What do folks think on when we should move out of Beta mode:
> a) When CentOS6 is out.
> b) 1 month after RHEL6 was released.

I'm happy with either of these.  I would prefer to see a delay for
now, simply because there are a number of trees of packages that have
been waiting on finding out exactly what's available from RHEL6.
Chunks of our ruby and perl stacks for example.  If we can delay by
period X and get 90% built within 1 month rather than release now with
about 60% (last I looked) and it take 3 months for the next 30 because
of delays getting things into the build roots, then I think this is a

I'll try to generate the numbers and reminders sooner rather than later...

For the RHEL users who want EPEL sooner rather than later maybe we
could simply symlink to the location where EPEL-6 will reside long


More information about the epel-devel-list mailing list