python26 note

Mathieu Baudier mbaudier at argeo.org
Mon Oct 4 18:35:00 UTC 2010

Hello Kevin,

> Reviewers and submitters of new packages welcome. :)

I had to rebuild the following two packages so that they are python26 modules:

python26-mod_wsgi
http://elgis.argeo.org/repos/testing/5/elgis/SRPMS/repoview/python26-mod_wsgi.html

python26-virtualenv
http://elgis.argeo.org/repos/testing/5/elgis/SRPMS/repoview/python26-virtualenv.html

I basically took the related EPEL python-* SRPMs and changed the spec
file to point to python26.

Please note that both are incompatible with the related python-*
versions in EPEL.
(this could probably be fixed for virtualenv by renaming the
/usr/bin/virtualenv in /usr/bin/virtualen26, but I found not easy way
to do so)

No need to say that we would be more than happy to have them
maintained in EPEL, since they are nothing but a rebuild of the
existing EPEL packages.

Would you be interested?

Cheers,

Mathieu