RT3 in EPEL6 - installation problems

Jose Pedro Oliveira jpo at di.uminho.pt
Tue Oct 26 18:05:57 UTC 2010

On 2010-10-26 18:26, Kevin Fenzi wrote:
> On Tue, 26 Oct 2010 18:20:02 +0100
> Jose Pedro Oliveira <jpo at di.uminho.pt> wrote:
>
> ...snip...
>
>> # yum install perl-Time-modules perl-MIME-tools
>> No package perl-Time-modules available.
>> No package perl-MIME-tools available
>
> Sadly, these are only in the 'rhel-beta-optional-workstation' repo
> currently. ;(

The files also exist in the optional-server directories (e.g.
ftp://ftp.redhat.com/pub/redhat/rhel/beta/5.90Server/optional/x86_64/os/Packages/)
but they don't seem to have been indexed.

> Hopefully at release time they will provide a 'productivity' channel
> with these workstation packages for server so we can use them.
>
> In the mean time you can install the workstation repo files and enable
> optional and it should work.

Just "hammered" the Workstation URL in the rhel-beta-optional section
of the rhel-beta.repo file and it worked.

Thanks Kevin,
jpo

[1] -
baseurl=ftp://ftp.redhat.com/pub/redhat/rhel/beta/6Workstation-beta2/optional/x86_64/os/
José Pedro Oliveira
* mailto:jpo at di.uminho.pt *