EPEL Meeting....

Kevin Fenzi kevin at scrye.com
Mon Sep 27 20:31:58 UTC 2010

On Mon, 27 Sep 2010 20:40:00 +0200
Mark Chappell <tremble at tremble.org.uk> wrote:

> > Oh and on my actions from the last meeting attached is the rough
> > status (package, owner, built or unbuilt) of the EPEL packages, note
> > I'm aware that some of these are red herrings, but the numbers
> > aren't looking brilliant...
>
> *cough*
>
> Attached

How about we spam maintainers one more time and do something like:

"We've noticed you haven't built your EPEL6 package(s) yet.

Since we would like to see a nice thriving ecosystem of packages, we
would like to mass orphan packages in EL6 that have not yet been built.
Then, interested folks could pick them up and build and maintain them.

If you intend to build, but just haven't had a chance yet, feel free to
re-take ownership of the packages or join back as co-maintainer."

Or is that too harsh?

kevin