maatkit updates ?

Jan-Frode Myklebust janfrode at tanso.net
Sun Apr 24 11:48:18 UTC 2011

I have maatkit-7332-1.el6 in EPEL6-testing, which has two minor
non-backwards compatible changes compared to the previous EPEL6 version.

In mk-table-checksum:

	--no-use-index is now --nouse-index
	--chunk-index is only used if a chunkable column uses it

No-one's provided any feedback to it yet, and I feel a bit uncomfortable
just marking this as stable since there are these minor incompatible
changes.

	https://admin.fedoraproject.org/updates/maatkit-7332-1.el6

Any comments to how this should be handled ?

Also, in EPEL5 we have a very old maatkit (build 2582, from december 2008).
Is there any chance we can update this to the current version (which likely
contain many more renamed commandline options and more) ?

  -jf