[REQUEST] Package for newly open sourced linux game, Beret

Mizery De Aria mizerydearia at gmail.com
Mon Dec 19 13:13:39 UTC 2011

Did you mean that this:

Regarding licensing, Kiwisauce mentioned in the IRC channel about using
LGPL.  Prior to providing the code as open source the README.txt file had
indicated freeware.  It is likely that Kiwisauce had not updated the
README.txt and perhaps some other files to reflect the transition to a
permissive open source license.  Also, I noticed that those files are not
included in the repository.  It may be that he simply forgot.

is "not really LGPL, and also can't be in Fedora." ?  I am not familiar
with licensing practices, but I was under the impression that if an author
releases something as proprietary freeware and then later releases the code
for it with a more permissive license, that the code would then be
available under that license.  Perhaps though, first come first serve type
of license is applicable and regardless of what additional licensing
Kiwisauce my affiliate with the code, that it doesn't matter and that the
code will always be proprietary/freeware?