clamav (again)

Kevin Fenzi kevin at scrye.com
Wed Feb 23 19:48:38 UTC 2011

On Sun, 20 Feb 2011 12:03:12 -0500
Fred Wittekind <rom at twister.dyndns.org> wrote:

> # yum --disablerepo=updates install clamav clamav-data clamav-update
>
> clamav-data-empty installs by default, so had to specify to load the
> one with the database files, I specified to disable the updates repo
> to intentionally install a older version.

ok. I did this with the existing epel5 clamav packages as above.

> # ls /var/lib/clamav/
> daily.cvd  main.cvd

# ls /var/lib/clamav/
daily.cvd  main.cvd

> # vi /etc/freshclam.conf (comment out the Example line)
> # freshclam
> # ls /var/lib/clamav/
> bytecode.cvd  daily.cvd  main.cld  mirrors.dat

# ls /var/lib/clamav/
daily.cvd  main.cld  mirrors.dat

> # yum update clamav
>
> # ls /var/lib/clamav/
> bytecode.cvd  daily.cvd  daily.cvd.rpmsave  main.cld  main.cvd
> mirrors.dat

# ls /var/lib/clamav/
daily.cvd.rpmsave  mirrors.dat

> # clamscan
> LibClamAV Warning: **************************************************
> LibClamAV Warning: ***  The virus database is older than 7 days!  ***
> LibClamAV Warning: ***   Please update it as soon as possible.    ***
> LibClamAV Warning: **************************************************
> LibClamAV Warning: Detected duplicate
> databases /var/lib/clamav/main.cvd and /var/lib/clamav/main.cld,
> please manually remove one of them

clamscan runs fine with no warning here.

Note that this package uses /var/clamav/ for data, not /var/lib/clamav/

I don't see the duplicate db's either.

> The update installed a older database than what was already on disk,
> and also left clamav in a condition that has to be manually
> corrected.  The -empty package doesn't have this issue.

Was this with the epel packages? Or Fedora ones?

kevin