clamav (again)

Fred Wittekind rom at twister.dyndns.org
Wed Feb 23 20:58:04 UTC 2011

On 2/23/2011 2:48 PM, Kevin Fenzi wrote:
> On Sun, 20 Feb 2011 12:03:12 -0500
> Fred Wittekind <rom at twister.dyndns.org> wrote:
>
>> # yum --disablerepo=updates install clamav clamav-data clamav-update
>>
>> clamav-data-empty installs by default, so had to specify to load the
>> one with the database files, I specified to disable the updates repo
>> to intentionally install a older version.
> ok. I did this with the existing epel5 clamav packages as above.
>
>> # ls /var/lib/clamav/
>> daily.cvd  main.cvd
> # ls /var/lib/clamav/
> daily.cvd  main.cvd
>
>> # vi /etc/freshclam.conf (comment out the Example line)
>> # freshclam
>> # ls /var/lib/clamav/
>> bytecode.cvd  daily.cvd  main.cld  mirrors.dat
> # ls /var/lib/clamav/
> daily.cvd  main.cld  mirrors.dat
>
>> # yum update clamav
>>
>> # ls /var/lib/clamav/
>> bytecode.cvd  daily.cvd  daily.cvd.rpmsave  main.cld  main.cvd
>> mirrors.dat
> # ls /var/lib/clamav/
> daily.cvd.rpmsave  mirrors.dat
>
>> # clamscan
>> LibClamAV Warning: **************************************************
>> LibClamAV Warning: ***  The virus database is older than 7 days!  ***
>> LibClamAV Warning: ***   Please update it as soon as possible.    ***
>> LibClamAV Warning: **************************************************
>> LibClamAV Warning: Detected duplicate
>> databases /var/lib/clamav/main.cvd and /var/lib/clamav/main.cld,
>> please manually remove one of them
> clamscan runs fine with no warning here.
>
> Note that this package uses /var/clamav/ for data, not /var/lib/clamav/
>
> I don't see the duplicate db's either.
>
>> The update installed a older database than what was already on disk,
>> and also left clamav in a condition that has to be manually
>> corrected.  The -empty package doesn't have this issue.
> Was this with the epel packages? Or Fedora ones?
>
> kevin
So did you install the newest clamav package from the EPEL repo then
update it to the new package you are working on?  Or test with a older
previously release EPEL package updated to the newest currently released
EPEL package?

I noticed your virus database moved locations after the update, I would
be interested to know what the new spec file would do if you did a
update with it, from one version of a clamav package based on your spec
file, to a updated version based on the same spec file. (virus database
not moving locations).

I used Fedora 14 & Fedora 14 clamav packages for my tests (I think I
stated this in my previous msg), figuring that since the existing EPEL
package is based on the Fedora one, that it would be pretty close.  My
production CentOS boxes are using packages based off the newest Fedora
clamav package.  I'm lacking a non-production RHEL/CentOS 5 box for testing.

I do not know if the spec file you created will ever produce the
behavior I was able to produce on my Fedora box when it's updated or
not, but if can make sure the issue is addressed now (if it's present),
it's one less bug report later.

Fred