EPEL6 moving from Beta to release status soon.

Ville Skyttä ville.skytta at iki.fi
Tue Jan 11 22:08:39 UTC 2011

On Tuesday 11 January 2011, Kevin Fenzi wrote:
> Greetings.
>
> Just a heads up that EPEL will soon be moving it's EPEL6 branch from
> the Beta mode (like rawhide) that it's been in to a release mode (like
> EPEL4/5 are).

Has the "openjdk not available on ppc64" issue been resolved yet?  If yes,
what should packagers do about it (I saw some discussion but don't remember
seeing a definite resolution)?  If not, don't you think getting this resolved
one way or the other would qualify as a release blocker?

I'd like to get new javasqlite to EPEL6 but have been waiting for "official"
instructions how to handle missing java >= 1.6.0 on ppc64, and I suspect
others may have stuff queued for this reason as well.