EPEL 6 Packages Updating RHEL 6 Packages

David Timms dtimms at iinet.net.au
Thu Jan 13 10:41:51 UTC 2011

On 13/01/11 20:45, Marko Myllynen wrote:
> Is there some specific reason for these version mismatches or is just
> the matter of fact that they seem to have appeared in EPEL earlier than
> in RHEL (according to package timestamps)?
It appears that if they were released, then we would be breaking our
don't upgrade redhat packages directive.

My guess is that redhat decided to pick up the package that was
previously only in epel, but may have chosen to go for an older stable
version, rather than the most recent, or did not keep updating / let the
epel packager know the package was added to epel.

> Would you like me to report
> these individually in Bugzilla or could these be acted upon based on
> this email?
Making the bugzilla report (epel) would be good, because it triggers an
email to the packager, who might otherwise not know.