howto build a package against a recently built other package

Kevin Fenzi kevin at scrye.com
Wed Jan 19 03:02:45 UTC 2011

On Wed, 19 Jan 2011 11:20:38 +1100
David Timms <dtimms at iinet.net.au> wrote:

> Hi. x11vnc build for EL6 now succeeds (after excluding ppc64
> javaviewer package).
> http://koji.fedoraproject.org/koji/taskinfo?taskID=2728535
>
> This means I think I need to rebuild my dependent pyvnc2swf package
> against it.
>
> Having not needed to do this before, I tried:
> $ cd pyvnc2swf/el6
> $ fedpkg chain-build x11vnc
> Could not initiate build: Packages in destination tag
> dist-6E-epel-testing-candidate are not inherited bybuild tag
> dist-6E-epel-build
>
> I guess I don't understand the chain-build, nor the split indicated
> above. How does it work ? What is the appropriate command then ?

We are in the process of moving EPEL6 out of beta to release status.

This means it will be/is like EPEL4/5 now, so, when you need something
added to the buildroot you will need to file a rel-eng trac ticket and
ask it be added to the buildroot override tag, or wait until the
package hits stable.

Sorry for any trouble.

kevin