Updating waf to 1.6

Thomas Moschny thomas.moschny at gmail.com
Sun Jan 16 21:16:37 UTC 2011

2011/1/16 Jon Ciesla <limb at jcomserv.net>:
> Would you be so kind as to file BZs against midori and xiphos indicating
> that they either need to switch to using system waf or file a Trac with
> FPC for an exception if there's a really good reason to bundle?

Could do that, but I think we should ask FPC for a general exception.

waf is intended to be bundled, and its api changes from time to time.
waf's upstream even officially discourages installing it system-wide
(and has removed the installation routine in later releases). Some
people might find an rpm handy nevertheless, that's why we still
package it, while e.g. Debian has stopped packaging it. Forcing our
package maintainers to use system's waf (which might be a on different
version than that embedded in their source tars) might put extra
burden on them and is probably not worth the effort - we are talking
about a build system, not a run-time lib.

- Thomas

--
Thomas Moschny <thomas.moschny at gmail.com>