new ipmiutil package

Kevin Fenzi kevin at scrye.com
Fri Jan 28 17:23:10 UTC 2011

On Fri, 28 Jan 2011 08:55:24 -0800
"Andy Cress" <andy.cress at us.kontron.com> wrote:

> Folks,
>

> The ipmiutil package was newly added to FC14, and was also built and
> included in EL6.
>
> The rpm was built for EL6, and I expected to see it on the install
> media for EL6, but I didn't see it in the early December EL6 RC media.
>
> Was there an issue?  I didn't see a bugzilla on it.
>
> Or is there a missing step to get this package included onto the EL6
> install media for 6.1?

EPEL != RHEL.

EPEL packages are add one packages for RHEL, they are not shipped as
part of RHEL or on the RHEL install media. If you want your package to
be included in RHEL itself, please talk to Red Hat folks and see if
they are willing to do so.

Otherwise, it will be available in the EPEL repos and ready for
install/use for anyone who enables the EPEL collection.

kevin