Xfce 4.6 for EPEL5

Athmane Madjoudj athmane at fedoraproject.org
Sun Jul 3 23:16:33 UTC 2011

On 07/03/2011 05:37 PM, Kevin Fenzi wrote:
> Finally managed to sit down and just push out the packages I built so
> long ago. ;)
>
> So, in epel-testing will be a base set of Xfce 4.6 packages for EPEL5.
> Some plugins will come along later I hope, but this is the base set.
>
> Testing very much appreciated. I'd also like to hear from anyone who
> has Xfce installed from centosplus. Does this update those packages
> cleanly?

Note that xfce is provided by CentOS Extra and not CentOS Plus

Clean install is OK (even with centos-extra enabled) but some icons
didn't shown maybe because the default xfce icon theme is not available
in epel (only centos-extra provides xfce-theme), selecting other icon
theme like Gnome seems fine

http://athmane.fedorapeople.org/xfce-update-epel.png

Updating from centos-extra repo fails (dep. problem):

Details: http://athmane.fedorapeople.org/update-xfce-centos-to-epel.txt

--
Athmane Madjoudj