Possible new maintainer

Trey Dockendorf treydock at gmail.com
Thu Jul 28 17:05:06 UTC 2011

On Thu, Jul 28, 2011 at 8:45 AM, Jussi Lehtola <
jussilehtola at fedoraproject.org> wrote:

> On Wed, 27 Jul 2011 07:23:17 -0500
> Trey Dockendorf <treydock at gmail.com> wrote:
> > I'd like to offer to help maintain some packages in the EPEL repo.
> > Right now I'm building RPMs for CentOS 5 and 6...here's a list of
> > packages / versions I have built
>
> I can't find you in the packagers' database. To work with packages in
> EPEL, you'd need to become a Fedora packager first.
>
> http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/PackageMaintainers/Join
> --
> Jussi Lehtola
> Fedora Project Contributor
> jussilehtola at fedoraproject.org

I'll be sure to sign up for that group, I have a Fedora account but the
group's page didn't have a link to apply for the fedora packagers.

While I work on that I'm also looking at building packages using Mock, but
am having a lot of trouble getting it to work.  I've found a few docs on
mock on the Fedora wiki, but not much else.  Right now I'm trying to test
packages I've made on CentOS 6, but am getting this...maybe if someone could
point me in the direction of additional information on Mock or where to get
support that would be great.

ERROR: Exception(ossec-hids-2.6.0-1.el6.src.rpm) Config(epel-6-x86_64) 0
minutes 1 seconds
INFO: Results and/or logs in: /var/lib/mock/epel-6-x86_64/result
ERROR: Command failed:
 # ['/usr/bin/yum', '--installroot', '/var/lib/mock/epel-6-x86_64/root/',
'groupinstall', 'buildsys-build']
Error: Package: epel-release-6-5.noarch (epel)
           Requires: /bin/sh
Error: Package: epel-release-6-5.noarch (epel)
           Requires: redhat-release >= 6
 You could try using --skip-broken to work around the problem
 You could try running: rpm -Va --nofiles --nodigest

Thanks
- Trey