Broken dependencies: libresolv.so.2(GLIBC_PRIVATE)

Peter Lemenkov lemenkov at gmail.com
Wed Jun 1 07:20:59 UTC 2011

Hello!

2011/5/31 Sergio Belkin <sebelk at gmail.com>:
> Hi,
>
> I've received a message from repoclosure about UpTools package because
> (it's in testing)  it claims that has  "unresolved deps:
> libresolv.so.2(GLIBC_PRIVATE)"
>
> That's because shared libresolv.so from old glibc releases lack of
> some symbols, eg: ns_initparse that are into static libresolv.a

I stumbled upon the similar issue (not so) recently and I fixed this
by a small patch (mostly shamelessly stolen from someone else's work)

http://pkgs.fedoraproject.org/gitweb/?p=sems.git;a=blob_plain;f=sems-0011-Avoid-using-private-Glibc-functions.patch;hb=HEAD

Do something similar with your own required functions.

--
With best regards, Peter Lemenkov.