Request for OpenNebula

Stephen John Smoogen smooge at gmail.com
Mon Mar 7 20:29:29 UTC 2011

On Mon, Mar 7, 2011 at 09:38, Jaime Melis <j.melis at fdi.ucm.es> wrote:
> Hello,
> I am part of the OpenNebula [1] team and we would like to include OpenNebula
> in EPEL. OpenNebula is in the process of becoming part of all major linux
> distributions. Our problem with the EPEL has been that we need the package
> xmlrpc-c to build OpenNebula and as far as I know xmlrpc-c is not available
> in EPEL.
> Therefore I have some questions:
> - Is there anyone interested in becoming maintainer of OpenNebula for EPEL?

I think the reverse question is also true, are you available to be a
maintainer for Fedora or EPEL? For software like this, it is much
better if upstream is working on doing this as they can fix issues
there versus a long game of pass the bug.

> - Is xmlrpc-c going to be included in EPEL 5?
> - Is xmlrpc-c going to be included in EPEL 6?

programs are included in EPEL when a maintainer wants to maintain it.
We try to stay away from including software that we then have no one
interested in fixing later.