Clamav + amavisd-new

Jan-Frode Myklebust janfrode at tanso.net
Thu Mar 10 22:11:51 UTC 2011

I see you re-submitted the EPEL6 clamav update without any changes after
bodhi unpushed it after me giving it negative karma. The change breaks
amavisd-new on RHEL5 (so you´ve not provided an EPEL5 version), and
it means the fedora-14 amavisd-new can´t be used as-is on EPEL6.

	https://www.redhat.com/archives/epel-devel-list/2011-March/msg00047.html
	https://www.redhat.com/archives/epel-devel-list/2011-March/msg00048.html

It seems strange to me to suddenly change the packaging for EPEL
compared to current EPEL4/5, and also compared to Fedora. Why this
change for EPEL and not for the packages your´ve created for Fedora-14/15 ?

Shouldn´t they all change to the new format (and amavisd-new fixed to work with
the new clamav-packaging), or none.. ?

  -jf