Clamav-status Was: Re: Meeting summary/minutes from today's EPEL sig meeting (2011-03-14)

Jan-Frode Myklebust janfrode at tanso.net
Tue Mar 15 19:18:44 UTC 2011

On 2011-03-15, Kevin Fenzi <kevin at scrye.com> wrote:

>> OK, so now we have a working clamav for RHEL5/6 (I have no RHEL4
>> systems to test on),=20
>
> I have a centos4 virt instance here you are welcome to use for testing.=20
> ping me on irc (nick: nirik) to get access to it.=20

Thanks for the offer, but I woun't need it. I have access to virtual
machines at work, and can easily install RHEL4 there, but what I meant
was that I have no production mail-servers running RHEL4, so the
testing there will be quite limited -- and getting our full mailserver
setup configured for RHEL4 is probably more effort than I'm willing to
put into this. Hope we can get some whoever still run RHEL4 mailservers
to test the clamav upgrade if they're interested.

>>   4 - Some files below /var/lib/clamav/ are still owned by old
>> clamav-user after the upgrade, so freshclam is unable to write to
>> these. Problem at least for mirrors.dat.
>
> Perhaps we could do a %post that chowns them? Or a %pre that rm's them?=20

I'll double check this problem on the next mailserver I upgrade, so that
I know exactly what files it was..

>>   5 - clamd service is enabled by default, I don't think it should be.
>>       Not sure how to avoid it..
>
> Modify the init script...

Fixed in git, but not built..

  -jf