yum-cron in EL 6.1, not in CentOS 6.0

Paul Howarth paul at city-fan.org
Wed Nov 23 11:24:04 UTC 2011

On 11/23/2011 02:53 AM, BJ Dierkes wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I was happy to see yum-cron ported to EL 6.1, however I was disappointed to find (just now) that its been removed from EPEL 6 before making it to CentOS 6.  Am I missing something, or do all yum-cron users just need to wait for CentOS to pull it?  Any chance we can update the policy/docs/etc regarding not removing packages from EPEL until they are in both RHEL and CentOS?

It's in the CentOS 6 CR repo:

http://mirror.centos.org/centos/6/cr/x86_64/RPMS/

CentOS advise CentOS 6 users to use the CR repo:

http://lists.centos.org/pipermail/centos-announce/2011-September/018078.html

   "The CentOS-6.0 Continuous Release ( CR ) repository is now available
    on mirror.centos.org. This repository contains rpms to be included
    in the next CentOS-6.x release ( 6.1 ). Because these include
    security and bugfix updates, we strongly recommend everyone using
    CentOS-6 install and update their system using this repository."

Paul.