rpmlint: E: subdir-in-bin

Nelson Manuel Marques nelson-m-marques at ext.ptinovacao.pt
Fri Nov 25 10:53:25 UTC 2011

Hi all,

The Darwin Streaming Server (DSS) package I'm working on is nearly
prepared, i'm just debugging the last rpmlint errors and I have a few
doubts on procedures to fix this errors.

Currently I have a "subdir-in-bin" issue. DSS installs in %_sbin a
directory called "StreamingServerModules" with a few modules. I suspect
this directory doesn't really need to be in %_sbin as we have a
configuration file in which we can define "DEFAULTPATHS_SSM_DIR" (DSS
module directory, the one triggering this rpmlint error).

My humble question is... where should I move this directory to (arch
dependant)? Things I can think of:

 1. %_libexecdir/%{_name}/StreamingServerModules
 2. %{_libdir}/%{_name}/StreamingServerModules

Anyone can give me a suggestion for this ?

Thanks in advance,
nelson marques