Intro - + php-pecl packages

Michael A. Peters mpeters at domblogger.net
Wed Oct 5 14:49:28 UTC 2011

Remi Collet wrote:
> Le 05/10/2011 06:01, Michael A. Peters a écrit :
>> There are however two pecl modules it uses that are not packaged or
>> maintained by either Fedora or EPEL -
>>
>> php-pecl-bbcode (parses bbcode like syntax)
>> php-pecl-uploadprogress (allows php to signal javascript upload progress
>> bar)
>
> I will have a look to this extensions.
>
> But for uploadprogress, I'm used to work with APC which provides the
> same function (but it's not a drop in replacement).

Yes, I had forgotten that apc does the same thing.
Back when I started using uploadprogress, it was because APC had an
issue with suhosin (resolved I believe) and it had a problem with the
pear MDB2 package (which I don't think is resolved).

I'm using PDO now instead of MDB2 and I'm using APC for content caching.
The uploadprogress module still works, it does not break with APC
loaded, but I had forgotten APC does the same thing. So I won't need
uploadprogress progress, I'll change my code to use APC.