Python packages with python26 subpackages

Steve Traylen steve.traylen at cern.ch
Tue Sep 13 12:15:35 UTC 2011

On Tuesday, September 13, 2011, Toshio Kuratomi <a.badger at gmail.com> wrote:
> I was working on a python-pygments/python26-pygments bug today and found
> that the byte compilation of the packages was... wrong.  Changing various
> setings to do with the automatic byte compilation of python modules to
byte
> code, I could either get everything compiled with python-2.6 or everything
> compiled with python-2.4; I could not get the python26 subpackage compiled
> with python-2.6 and the python 2.4 portion compiled with python-2.4.

You have to do the byte compiling fairly manually in this case of py26 in
the
same package.

I believe that Python_pbs is for instance correct but I can't verify myself
at moment.

http://pkgs.fedoraproject.org/gitweb/?p=python-pbs.git;a=blob;f=python-pbs.spec;h=441b3d7e5befce2144b54436cedfdb60588e1ce8;hb=f1573df43d2ea04000f9c42b76fb0b4e4c5bb072

Steve.

--