orphaned packages

Stepan Kasal kasal at ucw.cz
Fri Sep 16 22:26:15 UTC 2011

Hello,
I have orphaned many packages today, as I have no longer any
capacities to conptribute to Fedora.
Full list follows below, please let me mention some of the packages
first:

- halevt -- should be phased out; any volunteer that has read the
  End-of-life page on wiki?

- perl-* many of these are actually the EPEL branches only; I was not
  able to filter them to a separate list...

- specspo -- that would make use of a lot of love; preferably
  from someone who uses localized Fedora and/or most of the package
  managers du jour, not only yum, if any.  (Actually, I wonder if
  there are any people who use a non-English locale and install
  packages through package managers, as I suppose that this
  combination must have bit rotten through the years of my
  non-maintanence...)
  This is a gettext message catalogue of all the summary lines and
  description of packages from all the spec files; the idea is that
  all the package managers, from rpm, including yum, up to the GUI
  one(s) would use gettext tomap the original US English strings to
  a localized copy.

I wish all the best to Fedora.

Stepan

Here is the list of orphaned packages:

halevt
Xaw3d -- A version of the MIT Athena widget set for X
asa -- Convert Fortran carriage control characters
bibexport -- Extract entries from BibTeX and .aux files
bitmap -- Bitmap editor and converter utilities for the X Window System
bmake -- The NetBSD make(1) tool
brltty -- Braille display driver for Linux/Unix
fig2ps -- Utility for converting xfig pictures to PS/PDF
flpsed -- WYSIWYG pseudo PostScript editor
intuitively -- Automatic IP detection utility
libsx -- Simple X library
mk-files -- Support files for bmake, the NetBSD make(1) tool
ooo2txt -- Convert OpenOffice documents to simple text
perl-Archive-Tar -- A module for Perl manipulation of .tar files
perl-BSD-Resource -- BSD process resource limit and priority functions
perl-Compress-Raw-Bzip2 -- Low-Level Interface to bzip2 compression library
perl-Compress-Raw-Zlib -- Low-Level Interface to the zlib compression library
perl-Compress-Zlib -- A module providing Perl interfaces to the zlib compression library
perl-Date-Manip -- A Perl module containing a wide variety of date manipulation routines
perl-Devel-Symdump -- A Perl module for inspecting Perl's symbol table
perl-File-MMagic -- A Perl module emulating the file(1) command
perl-HTML-Parser -- Perl module for parsing HTML
perl-IO-Compress-Base -- Base Class for IO::Compress modules
perl-IO-Compress-Bzip2 -- Perl interface to allow reading and writing of bzip2 data
perl-IO-Compress-Zlib -- Perl interface to allow reading and writing of gzip and zip data
perl-IO-Zlib -- Perl IO:: style interface to Compress::Zlib
perl-Inline -- Inline Perl module
perl-Inline-Files -- Allows for multiple inline files in a single perl file
perl-Math-Vec -- Perl Math::Vec module
perl-Net-IP -- Perl module for manipulation of IPv4 and IPv6 addresses
perl-PDL -- The Perl Data Language
perl-Parse-RecDescent -- Parse-RecDescent Perl module
perl-SVN-Simple -- A simple interface for writing a delta editor
perl-String-CRC32 -- Perl interface for cyclic redundancy check generation
perl-Text-CSV_XS -- Comma-separated values manipulation routines
perl-TimeDate -- A Perl module for time and date manipulation
perl-XML-Simple -- Easy API to maintain XML in Perl
perl-XML-XPath -- XPath parser and evaluator for Perl
plotutils -- GNU vector and raster graphics utilities and libraries
specspo -- Fedora package descriptions, summaries, and groups.
----<end-of-the-list>----