Request to upgrade DJango

Matthias Runge mrunge at matthias-runge.de
Tue Apr 17 18:10:20 UTC 2012

On 17/04/12 19:43, Adam Young wrote:
> While looking into EPEL support for Openstack, we came across the issue
> that EPEL ships with 1.2.7 and Openstack expects 1.3. Upon looking at
> https://docs.djangoproject.com/en/1.3/releases/1.3/#backwards-incompatible-changes-in-1-3
> I see that one of the major differences is protection against XSRF. This
> alone is sufficient reason to upgrade.
>
> Installing an RPM from the Sourceforge site worked well with Openstack,
> so it seems to fit our needs as well.
>
> Are there any objections to upgrading EPEL's version of Django To the
> latest?
Umh, my fault. I'm planning to upgrade django for epel6 to version 1.3.x
since two weeks now; sadly, real life kept me really busy.

There have been some requests to upgrade to version 1.4 (to skip 1.3.x).
I'm aware of at least one application, which would break, if we upgrade
to django-1,4: reviewboard.
So, I'd do an update to django-1.3.1 in the next few days. An additional
reason to upgrade is, that django developers only support the two latest
versions, so 1.2.7 is not actively maintained any more.
--
Matthias Runge <mrunge at matthias-runge.de>
                <mrunge at fedoraproject.org>