Octave 3.4.3 from EPEL fails with 3 missing RPMs on RHEL6 x86_64

Christopher Lott clott at appcomsci.com
Thu Aug 2 14:21:45 UTC 2012

Thank you so much for this bit of information that was obvious to
everyone except me :)  I found these packages hiding deep within RHN:

	fftw-3.2.1-3.1.el6.x86_64.rpm
	glpk-4.40-1.1.el6.x86_64.rpm

I found and downloaded them using my RHN subscription.  I also note that
googling the file names reveals a zillion alternate locations.

After a quick download and install, yum installed octave with no
problem.   And now octave is installed thanks to EPEL!