collectd major upgrade problem

Christopher Meng cickumqt at gmail.com
Sun Aug 12 05:15:53 UTC 2012

Hi all,

Now I want to update this software in epel6 from 4.x to 5.x.

But I found that the most important thing I must do is to migrate old data
format to the new one.

I don't know this upgrade is possible or not, but I hope successful, even
though the spec file is the most difficult thing to handle.

I also feel happy that the official wiki contains a migration guide [1].It
has already given a script of data migration. See [2] for details.

Unfortunately I don't know this script is helpful or we should do
enhancements on it in order to match the guidelines(and fix some unknown
errors).Therefore can anyone do me a favour,help me test the script?

Thanks a lot.

[1] http://collectd.org/wiki/index.php/V4_to_v5_migration_guide

[2]
http://git.verplant.org/?p=collectd.git;a=blob;hb=master;f=contrib/migrate-4-5.px

--

*Yours sincerely,*
*Christopher Meng*

Ambassador/Contributor of Fedora Project and many others.
http://cicku.me