Permanent URL for EPEL configuration

Kevin Fenzi kevin at scrye.com
Fri Dec 21 18:17:23 UTC 2012

On Fri, 21 Dec 2012 14:59:14 +0100
Remi Collet <Fedora at famillecollet.com> wrote:

> Why doesn't this exists yet ?

Because there's not an automated way to create it?

And having it be "when someone with access notices an epel-release
update and happens to update it" is fragile. ;(

> Most third party repository have some permanent URL.
>
> Each time epel-release is updated to a new version, so much stuff is
> broken (doc, scripts, ...)

Where are these? In the wiki?

Perhaps we could use a template file there? (then we still have the
manual problem, but at least anyone with a wiki account could update
it).

> Is it so hard to simply create a link ?
>
> So:
> https://fedorahosted.org/fedora-infrastructure/ticket/3605

No, but it's hard to keep maintaining that manually.

kevin