Permanent URL for EPEL configuration

Remi Collet Fedora at famillecollet.com
Sat Dec 22 06:35:51 UTC 2012

Le 21/12/2012 19:17, Kevin Fenzi a écrit :
> On Fri, 21 Dec 2012 14:59:14 +0100
> Remi Collet <Fedora at famillecollet.com> wrote:
>
>> Why doesn't this exists yet ?
>
> Because there's not an automated way to create it?

A simple one:

ln -f 6/i386/epel-release-* epel-release-6.rpm

> And having it be "when someone with access notices an epel-release
> update and happens to update it" is fragile. ;(
>
>> Most third party repository have some permanent URL.
>>
>> Each time epel-release is updated to a new version, so much stuff is
>> broken (doc, scripts, ...)
>
> Where are these? In the wiki?

The wiki give a link to the repoview page.
This will allow to also use a permanent link

There is a lot of tuto using something like:
yum install
http://dl.fedoraproject.org/pub/epel/6/i386/epel-release-6-8.noarch.rpm

Search epel-release on google
You will find entry with 6-3, 6-4, 6-5, ...

Remi