Permanent URL for EPEL configuration

Kevin Fenzi kevin at scrye.com
Thu Dec 27 17:58:10 UTC 2012

On Sat, 22 Dec 2012 07:35:51 +0100
Remi Collet <Fedora at famillecollet.com> wrote:

> Le 21/12/2012 19:17, Kevin Fenzi a écrit :
> > On Fri, 21 Dec 2012 14:59:14 +0100
> > Remi Collet <Fedora at famillecollet.com> wrote:
> >
> >> Why doesn't this exists yet ?
> >
> > Because there's not an automated way to create it?
>
> A simple one:
>
> ln -f 6/i386/epel-release-* epel-release-6.rpm

How is that automated? :)

Sure, I can do that manually right now, but what makes you think I
would notice when there's a new update? Manually putting it on a
person is something I want to avoid. ;)

Perhaps we could use something from the fedmsg bus to detect when this
package is pushed to stable. Or run a cron job that lists the most
current one in the repo...

> The wiki give a link to the repoview page.
> This will allow to also use a permanent link
>
> There is a lot of tuto using something like:
> yum install
> http://dl.fedoraproject.org/pub/epel/6/i386/epel-release-6-8.noarch.rpm
>
> Search epel-release on google
> You will find entry with 6-3, 6-4, 6-5, ...

kevin