collectd & usrmove (iptables)

Alan Pevec apevec at gmail.com
Mon Feb 27 14:59:50 UTC 2012

On Mon, Feb 27, 2012 at 2:54 PM, Andrew Elwell <andrew.elwell at gmail.com> wrote:
> 2) [mutterings about maintainer non-responsiveness for collectd
> removed as I've just seen him update BZ #797773 ]

Feel free to apply as a co-maintainer :)

> 3) Given that this is a major version bump (even if there's a
> backwards compat step possible) - how likely can I get it into EPEL6
> which is my target for work (I can use our internal repo if necessary)

Ideally, "yum update" should just work for existing collectd 4.10
users, but looking at
http://collectd.org/wiki/index.php/V4_to_v5_migration_guide that might
be a challenge.
Kevin, you last touched el6 branch, do you have collectd 4.10 in
production and if so, could you confirm if automatic migration in
%post is doable?
Or would you prefer to keep 4.10 in el6 ?

Thanks,
Alan