Long-term package versions (RHEL 5+ extended to 10 years until EOL)

Ken Dreyer ktdreyer at ktdreyer.com
Tue Feb 7 23:09:23 UTC 2012

On Tue, Feb 7, 2012 at 3:57 PM, Bill McGonigle <bill at bfccomputing.com> wrote:
> But that's just off the top of my head - others probably have better
> ideas.

I appreciated Todd's approach with Puppet when that went from 0.25 to
2.6. Put it in updates-testing, and set the karma threshold really
high (in that case, 10). It's clear to me as a sysadmin that 2.6 is
coming down the line at some point, so I have an easy way to test when
it's convenient to me, and I can provide feedback in Bodhi. Can we
take that approach with other packages?

- Ken