Request EPEL Builds 4 calibre

Kevin Fenzi kevin at scrye.com
Mon Jan 23 17:21:47 UTC 2012

On Mon, 23 Jan 2012 02:16:16 -0800
"Michael A. Peters" <mpeters at domblogger.net> wrote:

> On 01/22/2012 08:43 PM, Michael A. Peters wrote:
> > I would like to request the following Fedora packages be built for
> > EPEL-6 if at all possible:
> >
> > python-cssutils
> > calibre
>
> Ouch, it looks like the problems in building calibre is that the
> current versions anyway use some python syntax specific to python 2.7
> and newer.

Yep. calibre is pretty bleeding edge sadly.

> What version that started with I do not know, but python >= 2.7 should
> probably be added to the rpm spec file and I guess I am going to have
> to look for older src.rpm's to try and rebuild for my own use.
>
> It really frustrates me how many FOSS projects don't have the top down
> management necessary to demand their code work in still quite common
> versions of scripting languages used in supported business
> environments.
>
> Ah well. I guess calibre for EPEL6 is probably out.

Yep. I would be happy to build it, but it's just too fast moving.
It also releases every week.
It also changes GUI/Interface as the author likes.
It's not something that would fit well in a 'support for 7 years' repo.
:(

> I'd actually prefer to see an epub reader that builds on gtk-webkit
> anyway.

Don't know of one off hand, but good luck

kevin