PyPy rpms in EPEL available for testing

David Malcolm dmalcolm at redhat.com
Sat Jan 28 12:37:06 UTC 2012

For those wanting an implementation of Python 2.7 with a Just-In-Time
compiler in EPEL, I've built PyPy, for EPEL 5 and EPEL 6:
* https://admin.fedoraproject.org/updates/pypy-1.7-3.el5
* https://admin.fedoraproject.org/updates/pypy-1.7-3.el6

I haven't tested them yet.  [am in the middle of firefighting another
issue, but I saw that the builds ran to completion; there were some test
failures in the logs, but the great majority of the selftest suite
passed].

So if you're feeling adventurous, please try these builds out (and give
karma to the update accordingly).

Note that this is *not* an official Red Hat-supported thing, and that I
intend to rebase pypy in EPEL to later versions after upstream releases
them.

Dave