Overlapping packages: Getting closer to a policy

inode0 inode0 at gmail.com
Fri Jun 8 21:58:18 UTC 2012

On Fri, Jun 8, 2012 at 2:39 PM, Toshio Kuratomi <a.badger at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Fri, Jun 08, 2012 at 02:14:40PM -0400, inode0 wrote:
>> Really confused by this. LB and HA are useful but they are not
>> available to everyone who has a basic RHEL subscription currently.
>> They are both Add-Ons requiring additional subscriptions for access to
>> them.
>
> Alright.  We're operating under mis-assumptions then.  In the meeting it
> seemed like this list was all the things that you could get with a basic
> subscription:
>
> http://fpaste.org/xAPF/
>
> But that could be wrong or I could have interpreted what the list was
> supposed to mean incorrectly.

HA, LB, and Resilient Storage are channels called Add-Ons that require
additional subscriptions (I'm not sure about the virt channels there).
Could we be looking here at what comes with some "developer"
subscription of some sort maybe?

This has some hints about which Add-Ons require more than a basic subscription.

https://www.redhat.com/apps/store/add-ons/

John