Overlapping packages: Getting closer to a policy

Stephen John Smoogen smooge at gmail.com
Fri Jun 8 22:37:08 UTC 2012

On 8 June 2012 15:50, inode0 <inode0 at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Fri, Jun 8, 2012 at 5:16 PM, Stephen John Smoogen <smooge at gmail.com> wrote:
>> On 8 June 2012 12:14, inode0 <inode0 at gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>>> Really confused by this. LB and HA are useful but they are not
>>> available to everyone who has a basic RHEL subscription currently.
>>
>> Well they seem to be available to the people who thought they had a
>> basic subscription. What channels do you see with a basic
>> subscription?
>
> None on this list of Add-On subscriptions.
>
> http://www.redhat.com/products/enterprise-linux-add-ons/
>
> I'd have to double check what you actually do get because it often
> includes lots of odd-ball channels.

Oh cool. That gives us the matrix of what is available with Red hat
Server. Thanks inode0

We are building against Red Hat Enterprise Linux Server which comes
with the following add-ons

High Availability
Resilient Storage
Load Balancer
Scalable File System
High Performance Network
Smart Management

>From what I can tell you get 1 subscription to each of these per basic
subscription (yay complex weird matrix relationships)