incompatible upgrade to apache traffic server

Toshio Kuratomi a.badger at gmail.com
Tue Jun 26 16:31:44 UTC 2012

On Mon, Jun 25, 2012 at 11:38:56AM +0200, Jan-Frode Myklebust wrote:
> On Sun, Jun 24, 2012 at 12:02:19PM -0600, Stephen John Smoogen wrote:
> > On 24 June 2012 02:51, Jan-Frode Myklebust <janfrode at tanso.net> wrote:
> >
> > > Will it be OK to do this upgrade in EPEL, together with an
> > > announcement to epel-announce, or are we stuck on v3.0 ?
> >
> > First step is what you have done here... see who is using it and how
> > it will affect them.
>
> Great, thanks!
>
> I'll notify the ats users and developer-lists also. I suspect that
> should reach most of the people using it. But, is there a similar
> procedure for f15/f16/f17 packages? A note to fedora-devel +
> announcement to fedora-announce about the change ?

You can email fedora-devel for feedback but Fedora has different upgrade
policies compared to EPEL.

In this case, they're probably more strict in the letter of the policy but
you may be able to get an exception:

http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Updates_Policy#Stable_Releases

You're more likely to be able to get an exception for F17 than for the other
releases.

-Toshio