Django 1.4 in F17?

Matej Cepl mcepl at redhat.com
Sun Mar 25 16:13:57 UTC 2012

On 6.3.2012 16:31, Stephen Gallagher wrote:
> As a related consideration, some other Django-derived projects such as
> Review Board already have Django 1.3 as a minimum for their latest
> releases. Review Board in particular is planning to move to Django 1.4
> as its minimum for it's next major release.

What's even worse (IMHO), Red Hat's OpenShift now requires Django 1.3,
so with RHEL-6/EPEL it is not possible to develop for it.

Could we really rebase Django in EPEL (6, I am not sure RHEL 5 is that
much used for workstations) or at least have a Django13 package?

I am willing to help as much as I can, but the effort should be probably
lead by people who actually know what they are doing around django.

Best,

Matěj