Keep or remove GlusterFS from EPEL-6?

Kevin Fenzi kevin at scrye.com
Wed May 16 16:05:44 UTC 2012

On Wed, 16 May 2012 15:09:10 +0200
Niels de Vos <devos at fedoraproject.org> wrote:

> Not sure if it helps, but the packages are here:
> ftp://ftp.redhat.com/pub/redhat/linux/enterprise/6Server/en/RHS/2.0/SRPMS/
>
> They are not under the "os" directory where most packages live:
> ftp://ftp.redhat.com/pub/redhat/linux/enterprise/6Server/en/os/
>
> It may not be a problem for binary derivatives of RHEL if they don't
> provide glusterfs packages. But this may be a problem for people who
> use the Red Hat Storage bits.

My understanding from long ago when we last discussed this was:

EPEL will not ship anything that's available in src.rpm format under
ftp://ftp.redhat.com/pub/redhat/linux/enterprise/6Server

Now, some of the newer channels like RHS were not there when we
launched EPEL6, so if lots of people think we should revisit this, we
could.

Some data:

EPEL6 currently builds against the following RHEL channels:
http://koji.fedoraproject.org/koji/taginfo?tagID=140

Server, Server-ha, Server-optional, Server-lb.

In the past some teams have asked us specifically to include their
packages even though they are in another channel (I think spacewalk
folks asked for this) as they used EPEL as an early testing branch.

kevin