Keep or remove GlusterFS from EPEL-6?

Alan Pevec apevec at gmail.com
Thu May 17 09:15:41 UTC 2012

On Thu, May 17, 2012 at 4:08 AM, Kevin Fenzi <kevin at scrye.com> wrote:
> "EPEL6 will not ship any packages that have src.rpms on public mirrors under 6* directories"

So simple solution is to move RHS SRPMs out of "under 6* directories" :)

> So, under this current policy, glusterfs should sadly be removed from
> EPEL.

Or RHS could rename their packages to avoid conflicts, like they did
with their patched Swift, RPM was renamed to gluster-swift.

> I'll note there's a few other packages in that channel that might also
> cause some problems for other projects:
>
> python-greenlet and python-eventlet are used by openstack.

Yes, if those go out of EPEL, all of OpenStack RPMs go with them :(

> pyxattr is used by rdiff-backup and also duplicity.

Also used by openstack-swift and openstack-glance.

Cheers,
Alan