Thoughts from last meeting

Toshio Kuratomi a.badger at gmail.com
Tue May 29 04:36:22 UTC 2012

On Mon, May 28, 2012 at 09:16:56PM -0500, inode0 wrote:
> On Mon, May 28, 2012 at 6:53 PM, Toshio Kuratomi <a.badger at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > So instead of going into specifics of what layered products should be
> > included or not included, I'd rather post the things that I'd like
> > a decision to allow:
> >
> > 1) We must be able to build against a version of the package -- either in
> >   RHEL or in EPEL.  This is a deal breaker to me.  If we can't use the
> >   layered products in the buildsystem then we can't exclude them from EPEL.
>
> Can you say that last sentence a different way. I can't really make sense of it.

Sure.  At the meeting, nirik brought up that we'd have to find out if we
could pull packages from the layered products into the repositories that
koji builds packages from.  (1) We might not have a subscription to it or
otherwise have access to the packages. (2) Some layered products might
conflict with each other.  This might prevent us from building against
a repo of all the packages in RHEL+all layered products.

If that's the case, then, for me, we'd have to be able to have those
packages in EPEL to allow people to build packages that have those packages
as dependencies.

-Toshio