'policy' for multiple versions of same software in EPEL

Greg Swift gregswift at gmail.com
Fri Oct 26 18:02:30 UTC 2012

On Fri, Oct 26, 2012 at 12:03 PM, Michael Stahnke
<stahnma at puppetlabs.com> wrote:
> [...]

And it also just occurred to me that the RHEL stops doing this kind of
update mid lifecycle.  And its later in the lifecycle that the
maintainers are going to want to upgade, so that throws another wrench
in the works.

> In general, I'm in favor of being able to update, as a volunteer
> maintaining anything for 10 years is pretty unreasonable, but
> expectations for the users need to be set accordingly.

+1

-
greg

(message indenting updated to reflect matt miller's e-mail ;)