Anyone already planning to update Func?

Phil Gardner phil.gardnerjr at gmail.com
Fri Apr 5 18:14:34 UTC 2013

Hi -

I have come across an issue with the EPEL version of func (0.28). Well
not its not func itself, but its dependency on smolt. The smolt user
steals the UID of the mysql user from the mysql-community RPMs in our
environment, and since Fedora has already removed smolt from everything,
I don't think it would be a bad idea to do the same for the EPEL Func
package. From the Fedora 18 Func RPM changelog:

* Mon Oct 15 2012 Steve Salevan <ssalevan at fedoraproject.org> - 0.30-1
- v0.30 release:
- Added copyfile improvements
- Improvements to all func-* scripts
- Delegation improvements
- Stability improvements
- Removing dependency on smolt

Also, there was some discussion a couple months ago about this on the
func mailing list:

https://lists.fedorahosted.org/pipermail/func/2013-February/000044.html

If no one was already planning on this update, I'll give the SPEC file a
shot and post it here for some feedback.

Thanks!