resiprocate and dependencies into EPEL for el6?

Dan Horák dan at danny.cz
Thu Apr 11 06:21:03 UTC 2013

On Wed, 10 Apr 2013 17:26:00 +0200
Daniel Pocock <daniel at pocock.com.au> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I maintain reSIProcate[1] (I'm also an upstream developer) and I'd
> like to help bring it to EPEL
>
> It builds and runs fine on el6.  One dependency is missing though,
> asio-devel[2]
>
> asio-devel is just a C++ header package, no binary/library, it is in
> Fedora and widely available elsewhere, but I don't maintain the Fedora
> package.
>
> Can anyone help me understand the procedure to bring both asio-devel
> and my own resiprocate package into EPEL?

generally someone needs to become an owner of asio in EPEL, it can be
you, please read
http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/EPEL/FAQ#Questions_specific_to_existing_Fedora_contributors
Before making the "package change request" you should ask the owner in
Fedora whether he is willing to be also the EPEL maintainer, if yes,
you are done, if not, then you will be the owner.

		Dan