What happened to gftp?

Dennis Jacobfeuerborn dennisml at conversis.de
Tue Feb 12 21:37:53 UTC 2013

On 02/12/2013 10:28 PM, Ken Dreyer wrote:
> On Tue, Feb 12, 2013 at 2:20 PM, Robert Moskowitz <rgm at htt-consult.com> wrote:
>> That means I did not save it to the 'right place' so I could move it between
>> systems to make building easier. I REALLY need to set up a local repo with
>> these odds and ends I seem to collect. This is what I used to do years ago,
>> and got out of the habbit as more and more of the specials I needed became
>> standard offerings.
>>
>> thanks for straightening me out.
>
> Hi Robert,
>
> Alternatively, you could always become the EPEL package maintainer.
> Then you can let Fedora's release engineering manage the repo for you
> :)

Since the last release of gftp was in 2008 I would recommend switching to
e.g. filezilla which is available from EPEL. While the EPEL package doesn't
seem to be maintained anymore either at least upstream is still maintaining
the project and current builds are available for Fedora and can potentially
be rebuilt for EL6.

Regards,
   Dennis