[et-mgmt-tools] Cobbler and /tftpboot/acls

Michael DeHaan mdehaan at redhat.com
Tue Nov 14 15:06:57 UTC 2006

Demetri Mouratis wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I'm up running cobbler on two CentOS 4.4 systems.  So far so good.
> Today, I had a collision with my boss who was also using /ftftpboot
> but for storing router acls and the like under /tftboot/acls.  I wiped
> his work with a "cobbler sync."  Is there any configurable way  I can
> preserve his directory?  Chattr +i didn't work.
>
> Thanks again.
>
> -D

Currently, no, but it can easily be changed.

Namely, there are only four entries cobbler should try to delete in the
tftp directory, those being

elilo-3.6-ia64.efi
images
pxelinux.0
pxelinux.cfg

Rather than all of /tftpboot/*

I'll make the change and ping you once complete.   It shouldn't take long.