[et-mgmt-tools] cobbler doesn't understand 'import'

Michael DeHaan mdehaan at redhat.com
Wed Oct 11 21:54:36 UTC 2006

Tru Huynh wrote:
> hi,
>
> me again ;) last one for today...
> [tru at casewell cobbler]$ rpm -q cobbler
> cobbler-0.2.4-1
>
> [tru at casewell cobbler]$ cobbler import --path=/my/import/path
> cobbler doesn't understand 'import'
>
> and RFE: 'cobbler distro add --name' does not warn if a distro name
> already exists and overwrite the existing one :(
>
> Cheers,
>
> Tru

Your feedback is definitely appreciated.   Thanks.

The "import" is a new command I was working on while I decided your bug
report about 2.3 was more important, therefore it's not finished but is
coming soon.  I wanted to get some changes out while free Centos testers
were still around.

As for "cobbler distro add", yes, I know about that one.   "add"
functions like an edit when the system is already there.  It was
designed that way, but yes, it does seem wrong.  Changing this to be a
seperate command is sane.   Currently "edit" is an alias for "add".
I'll add this to the TODO file.