[et-mgmt-tools] intended use of cobbler

Tru Huynh tru at pasteur.fr
Thu Oct 12 13:07:22 UTC 2006

On Wed, Oct 11, 2006 at 05:48:53PM -0400, Michael DeHaan wrote:
> Just out of curiosity -- what is your intended use for cobbler?

I have been making my own kickstart/dhcp/dns configurator.
Mostly shell scripts to maintain our local machines.

That another RFE:
- MAC adress -> fqdn for bind configuration?

and another one:
I would like to be able to choose the pxe bootloader:
-  NetBSD's pxeboot loader
http://www.bsdsupport.org/toc.php?paper=pxebootnbsd
- FreeBSD's
http://people.freebsd.org/~alfred/pxe/en_US.ISO8859-1/articles/pxe/article.html
- grub's (ok one need to pre-build the pxegrub file for the NICs)
- windows ?

Best regards,

Tru

--