[et-mgmt-tools] Cobbler - Templating not working?

Foreman, Tim tforeman at ibsys.com
Wed Oct 25 15:25:03 UTC 2006

I have installed Cobbler and am trying to get the kickstart templating
to work with no success.

I have added a line to my kickstart template that look like this:

INSTALL_ENV=TEMPLATE::env

Then I setup my distro like this:

cobbler distro add --name=rhel4u4 \
--kernel=/var/www/html/kickstart/rhel4u4/i386/isolinux/vmlinuz \
--initrd=/var/www/html/kickstart/rhel4u4/i386/isolinux/initrd.img

I created a profile like this:

cobbler profile add --name=base_test --distro=rhel4u4 \
--kickstart=/etc/cobbler/ks4_base.cfg

And then I added a system like this:

cobbler system add --name=00:15:60:A7:6E:56 --profile=base_test \
--ksmeta="env=mtc"

After the cobbler sync command, the kickstart file that is created
has the line:

INSTALL_ENV=env

Am I doing something wrong, or is the templating not working for
some reason?

Thanks for any help.
Timothy W. Foreman ~ Security Administrator ~ tforeman at ibsys.com
(651) 365-4181     ~ Internet Broadcasting  ~ www.ibsys.com
--
The Onion: Have you decided what you want to be when you grow up?
Berkeley Breathed: Dad. The rest is frosting.