[et-mgmt-tools] Re: error while running cobbler import

Michael DeHaan mdehaan at redhat.com
Tue Apr 3 14:48:29 UTC 2007

Daniel P. Berrange wrote:
> On Mon, Apr 02, 2007 at 02:31:30PM -0400, Michael DeHaan wrote:
>
>> niyaz chistee wrote:
>>
>>> Ya thanks for telling this. But what if I want to give my Xen virtual
>>> machine 128MB RAM only. Isn't it possible?
>>>
>> Anaconda really likes to have 256.
>>

>>> Because if I give 128MB koan always fails during balloning. While if I
>>> don't use koan + cobbler I can install xen virtual machine with 128 MB
>>> RAM support only.
>>>
>> Using virt-manager?   Perhaps that is granting it more RAM during
>> install and using a different value after the fact?   Hmm...
>>

> Nope - if you ask for 128 MB, that's all you'll be given. We don't enforce
> a 256 MB minimum, because the user may be installing OS which don't use
> Anaconda & thus would work just fine with < 256 MB.
>
> Dan.

Thanks, Dan.

Niyaz, I looked at the koan source and it does (it suprised me,
actually!) enforce a 256Mb limit (previously, I found Anaconda rather
unhappy at 128MB). I'll remove it in the next release and put
appropriate documentation in the cobbler manpage about using settings
lower than 128. Appreciate the report!